Busy Bee - FIRST PLACE MEMBER'S CHOICE (TIED)

Busy Bee - FIRST PLACE MEMBER'S CHOICE (TIED)
  • Contest: SHALLOW DOF
  • Submitted by: Yevette Shapiro
  • DESCRIPTION AND SETTINGS : I have been experimenting with using a new Canon 100 IS macro lens. The challenge has been to get bees in flight. Luckily the plants that I recently put in to make a butterfly garden also attract bees. I can only photo them in really good light since this is done in natural light.
  • Judge's Critique: Image has a vertical orientation and the subject is located in, or near the lower left power point on a portion of plant that rises vertically from the lower right edge of the frame. The subject and portion of plant it is on seems to occupy about 25% of the image. The eye seems out of focus and the depth of field seems to only include the back wing (farthest from viewer) of the bee. There is an out of focus, isolated segment of the plant in the upper left section of the image extending to near the upper left power point. There is a small section of the green of the plant out of focus at the lower front edge of the image. Image does not have a noticeable vignette.

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

We meet every 2nd and 4th Thursday at:

Evelyn Greer Park (Pinecrest) 
8200 SW 124th Street 
Pinecrest, FL 33157