500 characters left
  1. Bruce Moreland
  2. Gear, Equipment and Software
  3. Thursday, September 28 2017, 06:24 PM
  4.  Subscribe via email
A friend just asked us if we had any suggestions for a "travel" camera for those who don't want to lug all of their equipment on family trips. We don't. Nancy's 'family' is very supportive, waits around for hours while she gets her shot, and has even been known to help lug gear, so she just takes her regular camera and lenses and peripheral equipment everywhere. That's why we need your help.

What camera would you recommend for these circumstances? Is the Sony Alpha A6000 any good? I don't know what my friend's regular equipment consists of, so don't hold back. And I think they already have a trip planned, so don't dawdle.

Thanks!
Comment
If they are looking to travel light. I would have them take a look at the Olympus tough camera. Like the old Timex commercial takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
  1. Michael Crosa
  2. 2 weeks ago
Not knowing if they have a budget in mind...

I got a Leica D Lux ($1095 Leica Store in C.G., Adorama or B & H) that is very light and compact, not full frame 35mm equivalent but excellent zoom lens quality with a 35mm equivalent to 24-75mm. You can shoot fully automatic, manual, or anything in between. HDR or Panorama with auto merge. Shoot RAW and/or JPG. Auto or Manual Focus with many focusing points. Not interchangle lens BUT if you want to travel light, this is a beauty.

Just made my first 11 x 17 color print and it looks great.
  1. Frank Jimenez
  2. 2 weeks ago
I will second the suggestion for the Olympus Tough. I have the Olympus Tough TG-4 which shoots RAW and has more capabilities than most people could even figure out, much less use. I use the TG-4 as my "run around" camera since I can carry it in my pocket and it's image quality is impressive. The latest version is the TG-5 and I'm sure that it must be an improved model.
  1. Robert Sullivan
  2. 1 week ago
There are no comments made yet.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

We meet regularly at the Evelyn Greer Park, 8200 SW 124th Street  Miami, FL