500 characters left
  1. Bruce Moreland
  2. Announcements
  3. Saturday, May 13 2017, 09:53 AM
  4.  Subscribe via email
On the Bee Happy Graphics blog, there is a simple(?) geometry problem inspired by actual events. As it says in the blog, the best seven answers receive a discount on their next print. This could be handy for an upcoming Clicktique.

In one past life I was a high school math teacher. This is Bee Happy Graphics' first math promotion, but now that the genie is out of the bottle, who knows what's next. I've already come up with a printing problem involving pre-algebra that I may share with you. Stay tuned.

P.S.

Although this is our first math-type promotion, it is not the first time I've discussed math (go to the blog and change the category to "Applied math";), nor is it our first promotion (change category to "Promotions";).
References
  1. http://www.BeeHappyGraphics.com/blog/2017/a-simple-math-problem/
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Bruce Moreland Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
It's time to end the suspense! Our own Jim Farrington came up with the best answer. Then I added a few more comments of my own. Return to "A Simple Mat(h) Problem" for the details. The answers are in the comments section.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Announcements
  3. # 1
Bruce Moreland Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thanks, John. Jim Farrington says the answer is four. But there is one week left and the top seven answers get prizes. It's not too late to give it some thought.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Announcements
  3. # 2
John McKnight Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Bruce, after a quick look, I would say 3 is the answer. But I have been wrong before and I could be wrong again.
Comment
John, I forgot to mention that in accordance with the rules of the contest, you have also won the prize as one of the top seven answers to this question. As a former math teacher, I would have preferred a more detailed answer, and I would have preferred that you post that more-detailed answer directly on the Bee Happy Graphics site so any potential non-KCC photographers could have enjoyed it, but that wasn't stipulated in the rules. Your answer was only one less than the highest possible. Congratulations. Check the post to see how to redeem your prize (or just call).
  1. Bruce Moreland
  2. 4 months ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Announcements
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

We meet regularly at the Evelyn Greer Park, 8200 SW 124th Street  Miami, FL